Challenge Week #14: Walkin' the Line

The Diva’s challenge for week #14 is “Walkin’ the Line”. This was an enjoyable challenge. I put on my “construction hat” and started drawing. When I think of straight lines, I think of a beefier, meatier tangling process. It brings out the masculine side of my creativity. Good sturdy tangles, carved out of cement or metal, hung with two screws on the wall. So my tangleation turns my favorite curvier patterns into straight line (more masculine) variations - more substantial, I felt like I was building, constructing this piece. When I'm in the straight line construction mode should all my text should be in CAPS? I'm not being sexist, just processing...

My straight lines still have "curves" to them but that's just the way I roll. It gives a more organic, old world feel to straight line, clever way to describe the shaky lines, no?

Of course, if my ZIA was a building it would be a wonky, wobbly mess but that's not the point, right?

I will try another stab at this challenge this week but this is my first try.


Fractal Straight Line


15 comments:

  1. Very nice. It DOES kind of look like a building being constructed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it. Especially those tumbling square spirals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of your tangle. It is so lovely and not just geometrical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, you're very descriptive and made the whole process seem so intriguing and fun. I, too, like the square spirals, but I saw them as climbing!! I like the sky-rise in the background, and the almost pyramid in the foreground, opening up for us to see the inside. This is just fantastic and I'm so glad you appreciate your inner masculine side. very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you have played with perspective here it really is coming toward the viewer. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your "straight" town with artesian fountain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, those stepping stones are heading somewhere magical!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the slothead screws/bolts holding it all up - very clever detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful! I love the dimension, shading, and everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, this has been great to see how we all interpret the challenge so differently!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo - really like the fractal one you added - lovely little explosion going on there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that fractal approach is great.But i like how you create depth in the first one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to get your feedback.