Challenge #104 - String Theory v. XXIII - TanglePatterns String #003

Laura Harm's Challenge this week #104 asked us to use one of the strings from Linda Farmer's TanglePatterns.com. It's a straight line string (String #003), not one of my usual choices since I'm usually a curvey gal - when it comes to strings. It's been quite a while since I've posted for this weekly challenge. I've done many of them, just not posted. This was a fun process and I let the tangles and the process lead me. The string went a little Wonky but my heart was in the right place. I had a blast doing this, can't really explain the outcome, but the journey was wonderful. 

I began with Spikey Wire, trying to return to my steam punk study, then added some Keeko (with ripples), Printemps, some Hollibaugh with Tipple, a little Crescent Moon gone organic, and then some twigs sprouting Poke Leaf. Added shading with pencil and lines and it felt complete. I'm teaching a Zentangle Basics course tomorrow night and I wanted to have some current examples to share. 


It is what it is... and It was fun!

9 comments:

  1. This tiel is quite beautiful and original, great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You took me on a journey and I am in awe of its beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the spikey wire string. Also like the contrast of the open spaces with the tangles that cover a whole area. I applaud you shading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daniele, I like your tile very much. There is so much to see and to explore. Great. It takes the visitor by the hand, leading you through a great garden, I like the tangle you used on the string the one that is twined with knots here and there. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful, and interesting. Love how you have tied in some of your areas (ie. a hollibaugh stripe that curls into a printemps). Your spikey wire is neat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice. Love all the tangles. Wonderful eye candy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to get your feedback.