Challenge #122 - Grid (un)Locked

My Grid (un)locked hope all
the little tangles play well
together!

Laura bases her Diva challenge for week #122 on Rick and Maria's Zentangle Newsletter posting that focuses on using the grid in a new exciting way! Check out their post This takes the elements of the Zentangle process to the basic element of one square.

I really enjoyed the process and tried to focus on each square and how it played off the corresponding square. It was a great way to focus on "honoring the tangle". I always try to connect my tangles and play off whatever line, element, thingy is the connecting point and interacts with it's fellow tangle. I think it brings a wonderful cohesion to the final piece. Just like a pebble leaves a ripple in the water that continues but changes as it reacts with elements in it's path. There is still that connection but it changes.

For me, it's the ultimate in the Zen experience. It helps with concentration, interaction, and being aware of all the elements on the page.  It's how tangles talk to each other, the conversation continues, and changes, but when they all follow the basic thread creating a harmonious song!

My grid became a small wallhanging with baubles and beads, very fun. I hope this ZIA sings or at least hums!

Thanks Rick and Maria and Laura for a great challenge. Check out all the wonderful creations for this challenge on the Diva's site.

I did a second version continuing my exploration on the Index-card-a-day study. Tried some Tripoli, B4, C5, D1,  Mooka, and contrast, connection studies.

Green index card
Version two
Final version one with my grid studies
What a fun process!

14 comments:

  1. Danni this is a wonderful "wall hanging" in the small. I also totally enjoyed your verbal explanation of what you were doing and how it provided your "zen". Zensational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do like the transitions. I have tried to do that, but not with as much success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. O Yes, this wallhanging sings, even sings a great beautiful song.
    I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so great, small and bold and very clear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sings and it rocks! Absolutely gorgeous!! I liked to read your vision about the process, quite enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A snazzy song with a gorgeous tone, tangles are blending together beautifully Danni.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your wall hangings, and of course, the danglies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you ever changing grid...just a beautiful flow of zentangle!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! The little wall hanging is so cute and it certainly sings! So fun! I just love how you mixed it up and really played with it--so much movement and interest...fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great! Like the 'hiding' pearl.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a grear idea! Would love to have this on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Before reading your post I thought what a cool banner. Love your concept of tangles talking to each other - will be a nice thought to hold for future works. I think I've had a few tiles where they might have been arguing a little. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to get your feedback.