Challenge #198 - UMT - "Hitch" by Heidi Sue


I added a little touch of color to my original version
I've been out of the Diva's loop for quite a while and I've missed all you've creative tanglers. Lovely to be back in the bosom of this fabulous community. It's so nice to feel warm and fuzzy in this arctic blast that we call Michigan winter!

This first week of the new year is a Use My Tangle challenge using Hitch created by Heidi Sue. My string incorporates 2015 to welcome in the new year.  I chose to use natural elements of woven twigs, berries, and leaves nestled in organic shapes.

I was a little unsure about this tangle, but it lent itself beautifully to variations and morphing, so, for me its a winner!

Once I scanned in my ZIA, I decided to add some touches of green to my leaves. It's only going down to -10° with windchill tonight. A girl's got to dream of green and warmth and growth in only a few ? short ? months, right? After all it is winter,  and it is Michigan!

Outline of my original 2015 string

10 comments:

  1. Oh man. Remind me not to move to Michigan---at least during the winter. I had trouble with the minus 4 windchill in Philadelphia this morning, especially because we have a dog who needs to be walked no matter what-----snow, sleet, hail, gloom of night.

    I'm fully on board with your addition of green. It's like a little shield against seasonal affective disorder. Thanks for including the original showing the string you started with. It is fascinating to see where you started from. As you know from visiting my "hitch" blog post, I'm doing the CZT training this April. I have soooo much to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dimensional auras around the hitched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you put 2015 in the string without making it shout. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this zia with the green leaves in it a lot. Good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the warmth coming from this tile - whispers of spring to come! Great idea to use 2015 as the string, though I'm glad you showed it because otherwise I wouldn't have seen it! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautifully composed organic piece! Interesting to see how you incorporated the year too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tile, love the 2015 string and the way it blends unless you know it's there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The green is a nice touch. Like the organic nature of this tile.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to get your feedback.