Challenge #77 - UMT v. VI "Fiore di Pietro" - Peter's Flowers


This weeks challenge for the Diva's challenge is #77. She asks us to Use My Tangle (UMT) for this month and it is called "Fiore di Pietro". This tangle was developed in tribute to CZT Rho Densmore,'s brother-in-law, Peter, who suddenly passed away this month.

This tangle has a wonderful rythm and lends itself to many tangelations and possibilities. I enjoyed this tangle and I'm sure I will use it again soon. I would like her to use my tile if she wishes.

My version went a little organic and swirly, I do like the results. I also used Printemps, Betweed, Paradox, Beads, Float Fest, and Quabog.

The Sailing Ship
What is dying?
I am standing on the seashore.
A ship sails to the morning breeze and starts for the ocean.
He is an object and I stand watching him
Till at last he fades from the horizon,

And someone at my side says, “He is gone!” Gone where?

Gone from my sight, that is all;
He is just as large in the masts, hull and spars as he was when I saw him,
And just as able to bear his load of living freight to its destination.

The diminished size and total loss of sight is in me, not in him;
And just at the moment when someone at my side says, “He is gone”,
There are others who are watching him coming,
And other voices take up a glad shout,
“There he comes” – and that is dying.
-- Bishop Charles Henry Brent


This poem gave my sister's and me such comfort when my mother died we used "she" but the message is the same. Powerful and comforting. My thoughts are with Rho and her family.

17 comments:

  1. I love the creativity of your Tangle. It's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way you have surrounded Fiore di Pietro with other tangles is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beatifull poem,i olmost forget your zentangle!!!
    It looks like an illustration beside the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely tile! I never tire of reading the poem, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mix of tangles you used here - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the organic beauty of this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your use of all different tangle patterns within and without the basic tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cool! I love what you did with the pattern, and the flow is so fun and whimsical! Beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dani, thanks for the poem and the gorgeous tile that blends so beautifully into the challenge. I feel peaceful and grateful just looking at your amazing ability to express beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite beautiful. I love how it got out of hand and took you down its own path! Wonderful things can happen that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see a fantasy garden of delightful tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful WORK... all lovely and the feeling is that you are a very secure person ... Love your freedom in the work.. Love, Light and Peace..Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tile turned out great, whimsical and light, Love it. Thanks for sharing the poem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice tile, Danni. Beautiful and I LOVE the poem. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to get your feedback.