Challenge #87 - String Theory XII - Pinwheels for Peace II


“You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one.” 

― John Lennon

Laura's challenge #87 was spurned again by Amy Broady, CZT in TN. She reminded Laura that September 21 is the International Day of Peace. What a wonderful idea for a challenge. We all need Peace in our lives and world. John Lennon said it best.

I love the peace sign (being a child of the 70's) it resonates for me. I think it's great that the 70's are "kool" again to the current generation. Seeing them wear peace signs and wearing the "vintage" garb from my era. Who knew?

My pinwheel incorporates a spinning swirl for movement, Shattuck, some Auras and, of course, Peace signs and a Peace Dove! This took me many renditions and quite a few days to complete but the result works for me. Peace and Love man! A wonderful message that we can all appreciate and, hopefully, try to live on a daily basis.

13 comments:

  1. Oh so lovely! I love the way you've done shattuck, and your "shines" in the peace symbols. Very cool too, they way you've designed the pinwheel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice....I love the peace signs! Happy Peace Day and Happy Autumn on the 21st!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes! this is awesome! a lot is going on here - and it's all right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing with the dove and the tangles around it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani I love this--the background is like a peace sign tanglation of Nipa! And I love your dove! A beautiful design--really well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and complete this tile lets the pinwheel shine but the background complements with power!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful! So full of energy. The peace signs complete it perfectly! It's a fun piece to explore. Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful. Love the use of the peace symbols in the background :) The spinning swirl looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love all the peace signs and the bird - nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! The pinwheel is great, but I think the background gives it it's strenght.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great idea. love it all...the tangle, the song, the hopes. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Danielle, this is so great. I love the little peace bird in the left corner, and the background with all the peace signs. Just Great! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to get your feedback.