Challenge #109 - Zentangle Quest

Dansk, Printemps, Flying Geese, and a background
of Hibred in sepia tones
Zinger/Lupine, Tripoli, Mooka,
Crescent Moon, Pearlz, Zander
This week's Diva Challenge for week #109, is taken from Maria Thomas'  Zentangle blog post. She presents a  new technique which she describes and illustrates beautifully. The technique uses random parallel lines as a string; the lines indicate inner and outer folds or curves, then add banding and tangle away! It creates a fun 3-D effect, check out all the fabulous offerings on the Diva's site.

For version 1 - I fashioned alternating cone shapes embedded in a Hibrid background. I "wiggled" and broke up the lines a bit to soften the Hibrid background. I used Printemps, Flying Geese, Dansk and some ribbons fastened with little buttons to set the stage. I continued the cone's draft "lines" beyond the perimeter, it gives it a neat which I like! I used brown/sepia and black micron pen, I used graphite and a sepia pencils for shading.

My second version is black and white with lot's of grey, I worked with black and white gel pen. It looks to me like Tripoli is spinning into the cosmos wheeee! I used a Zander parallel line to create my 3-D bands, Crescent Moon, then added Mooka, Zinger and some Pearlz.

19 comments:

  1. I absolutely love it!!! The colors are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Danni, you are one talented lady! I LOVE the top tile. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever so gorgeous!love the colours in the first one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both a great. I love the colors in the first one. And in the second one I love nd admire how you combined the several tangles. very clever, and a great end result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dani, I love what you have done with this challenge, your work is always exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your contrast in detail between the foreground and background, paired with the colors, really makes your first post pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are beautiful, but I love the cones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like them both and I love your analogy on the second one - tripoli flying into the cosmos. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...both of these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow and more wow! The earth colors in the first one are great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh yes! this is great!
    love the ties that hold it together in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hibrid looks great like that as a background!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A loud "WOW" for both, absolutely gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful work, they are both so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow,Daniele, so original and unique. Very beautiful. I love the of the "tacked down" cones in the first, and the second... wow, you gave it such an organic feel. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that's different!! I love the buttons, the shapes, the colours. A really fab tile!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both tiles are great but the first one is superb mix of colour, tangles and ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome zen tangles. Love your designs. Truly inspirational

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to get your feedback.