Challenge #176 and 177 - BYOB by Amy Broady, CZT and Truffle by Caroline Broady, CZT

Coffee, Cherry juice, Truffle, Trivoli, and some Mooka fronds
I combined two Diva challenges in one this week. Since Laura has been away traveling guest hosts have taken on these two challenge weeks, what fun! The two guest hosts are mother and daughter what a perfect time to combine two challenges. Week 176 is hosted by (mom) Amy Broady , CZT from Tennesee. Amy asks us to (BYOB) Bring Our Own Beverages. I chose coffee (with soy milk) my morning life's blood, and some cherry juice from the beautiful cherries a friend brought me from Traverse City. Cherries stain my fingers so why not my tile, spread that lovely burgundy color around.

For challenge 177 guest host (daughter) Caroline Brody, CZT 11 features her tangle pattern truffle which she developed at her CZT training seminar in June 2013, it was inspired by some wallpaper at the Hotel Providence. It's so fun to see the original wallpaper inspiration for this tangle seeing others process is such a gift. This is a lovely little tangle just ripe for tangleations.

I "applied" by coffee stain using an old paint brush and then took the still wet cherry pit and used it to apply cherry juice. That created my basic background and string guide. Once I allowed my tile to dry I picked up my trusty micron and tangled away. I then used more coffee and cherry juice to enhance my tangles, added some white gel pen, and shading. Very fun, I will definitely will try this again and apply more black contrast to my next attempt. I'm happy with this organic decorative solution but I'll go further next time.

3 comments:

  1. The two colors work well together. I like the liveliness of the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!!! I'm referring to the tile, but that comment also applies to your beverage choice. Caroline and I both drink our morning coffee with soy milk, too! And have been enjoying a lot of cherries this summer. The two stains look great together, and your tangles are all playing so beautifully with each other! The white really brings out your tangles.
    I love that you combined these two challenges. Thanks so much for sharing your art and the process/thoughts behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daniele, you did an outstanding job on this tile!! Wow! It was lots a fun! Awesome job!! :0) Share Humanity

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to get your feedback.