Challenge #19 - More Morris



Inspired by William Morris wallpaper pattern
This weeks Diva challenge #19 was based on the light over dark technique of William Morris . I can't find my white pen so this was a labor intensive project. I started with white paper and applied black ink with a brush and my Sharpie 0.3 mm pen which does take quite a while but the results are dramatic. The process of switching the darks and lights and simplifying the pattern was challenging.

This was a much more planned tangling process than I usually use. It was not so much going with the flow, relaxing and smiling, but planning and thinking through the lights and darks once I established my basic pattern.
I really enjoy William Morris' patterns and I'm fascinated with his attention to detail and his textile patterning. I'm going to purchase a white pen this week and try again drawing with a white pen on black paper.

If you haven't tried this challenge yet you should give it a try. It does make me think out-of-the-box with my tangling process, and that's a good thing. I also love the fact that it isn't a contest but a forum allowing us to express our creativity and view all the talent in this community of tanglers!

-- Yippee, I just found my white gel pen! So I added embellishments to my original. What I always say is you can't have too many embellishments or auras...
Well, I don't always say that, but it's fun to coin phrases! Maybe I did go overboard a bit on the auras but it was fun.

11 comments:

  1. Darn it, Danni! I get more depressed that you missed CZT-5 by the post! Your work is SO BEAUTIFUL and I would have LOVED to meet you "in the flesh"... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Danni, this is really striking in its beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all, I think the contrast does pump up the volume!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Talk about doing it the hard way! This turned out amazing with and without the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you overdid it at all, great strokes Danni, I love the drama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. That is amazing. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a difference a white pen makes! The first tile is lovely... but when you add the white auras and mini strokes, it softens into a fabric-like texture. VERY nice. You're a clever little rascal! lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Danni, these are just beautiful! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to get your feedback.