A New Piece


Completed ZIA

Tile in process
 This is a piece I'm designing to put in a friends show, it's 7.5 x 7.5". I like the way it's going and will add some little beads pods to the bottom. Used a heavy weight cold press bond for this piece and I'm not as please with the drawing surface as I thought I would be. I've been using a heavyweight white velumn bond paper for most of my work and I love the smooth surface. This has a little more tooth so it's just a matter of getting used to it.

I did a combination of Hollibaugh with Mooka edges and I like the result, a little Pearls, Betweed, Cadent, Flying Geese, Hybrid, Shattuck and some tangleations and it's almost there!

I scanned it in so I could look at the contrast and shadowing to see where I need to add a little oomph. Scanning the tile in helps me look at a piece more critically and see where I need to add some contrast or strenghten some lines. I find it a useful tool.

I started with a lovely plain square frame and that drove my creative parameters, a little more challenging than most pieces I create, usually the size is whatever I make it or aprox 3.5 Zentangle square size.

-- Okay, I modified my shadows and added some of my favorite little beaded seed pod beads. Viola, Completed ZIA, eet eez feenished! Don't you just love my accent?

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! Hard to believe it isn't finished yet. It's fun working bigger isn't it? I'll be eager to see what else you do to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Danni - it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to get your feedback.