Challenge #27 - Duo-tangle

Version 2 - Fuller Brush
Version 1
The Diva's challenge for week #27 is "Duo-tangle" she asks us to use two tangles only; Verdigogh and Dex. Mine is Dex spiralling out of control. Not totally satifsfied with this solution but I wanted to get something posted since it's going to be a busy week.  I hope I'll have time to do further work on this challenge. We actually reviewed Verdigogh with Maria at CZT training VI. Can it get any better???? So... Verdigogh feels more natural but Dex is still a little frustrating (can you tell)?

On the second version I tried focusing on Dex with a little Verdigogh peeking out, adding texture underneath and some depth. I like the second version better and I am getting more comfortable with Dex Not into the grid pattern but it's growing on me. I guess that's what makes these challenges successfull - we learn and grow if we put in the effort in spite of ourselves!

I'm calling the second Fuller Brush - all those sales people going door to door, or Dex to Dex, selling brushes? My, how the mind wanders...

9 comments:

  1. Hi Danni,
    I love your blog. I have had zentangles in the back of my mind since you told us about them months ago when delivering the package for Arny & Tracy. Finally I got around to finding you on the web. You should see some of Lenny's computer generated fractal patterns, which are classified as science not art!

    Best... Mae at maefood.blogspot.com and maetravels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your variations on Dex. So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just brilliant especially Version 2 that is wild. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your first zentangle with these two paths. very light weight. (traduction google).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you've woven these together. Lovely movement and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them both and love the way you've stretched and curved the grid, especially in version 2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the aura in version 1. It draws my eye in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love what you did with Dex.. very cool.. and the Vertigogh peeking around looks great..Both great tangles..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to get your feedback.