Challenge #79 - Citius, Altius, Fortius “Swifter, Higher, Stronger"


This week's Diva's challenge was taken on by Roe Densmore, CZT. She challenges us to use the Olympic ring logo as the basis for this week's challenge. I'm not fond of recreating the logo, circles are so particular and show the wonkiness, so I just embraced it. As the Olympic motto states: “The most important thing is not to win but to take part!" I'm taking part.

My interpretation took on a graphic feel, I tried to let the elements shine: the rings, the year, an olive branch to represent Peace, a little touch of color, and it eeez complete (french accent)! The Knightsbridge woven pattern ties/quilts the five continents/rings together. It was an enjoyable process and I'm happy with the results. A little Photoshop color added to my scan finishes this challenge.

When I first began tangling I tried to make each tile as perfect as possible before presenting it to someone. I would erase any left over string/pencil marks, now I revel in the process. As I'm strolling through the weekly offerings I particularly enjoy being able to share in the process, the path that each of us travels when creating and tangling.


We all come to the Zentangle process using our own perspective and, if we listen to our bodies, and follow the path of least resistance the process becomes even more enjoyably. When we Relax, Smile, and Breathe we get the full Zentangle experience. It's a wonderful gift to ourselves!

8 comments:

  1. Love everything about your piece! The olive branch and the year are both great touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! Your tile has a very soothing feel to it; the nightsbridge weaving is a great idea, and your shading in and around the year really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stupendous! I mean really stupendous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right, relaxing can make all the difference! This is a beautiful design you have displayed for us this week! Gorgeous colors, I would like to learn to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! They could use this is an ad, I think!! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of your shading and wonderful ink work! Your wonky circles are so much fun, and the olive branch is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You took five rings and created an interesting combination of tangles. I like the subtle tangle-effect of the date, also. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how the tones in your colors go from light to dark.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to get your feedback.