Challenge #256: - DuoTangle: Boo*Kee and Artoo

Almost a Duotangle... Artoo and Boo*Kee
with lot's of Auras and embellishments


My New Version - 2/24/2016



Original Version - 8/2/2010
Can you see the Toad?
The Diva's Challenge for this week #227: is to create a piece using two tangles: Artoo and Boo*Kee, Laura developed these two tangles for her boys.  The focus for this challenge was to unite these two tangles in one piece. I tried to let the tangles speak to me and keep it fun and "sunny" for the boys. I tried to incorporate the feel of sunlight and spring in this tile; out of the winter doldrums and into spring. It was a fun challenge and I hope all our efforts bring smiles to these two sweet boys. Here's to a quick  recovery, and health, and smiles for those two cutie pies.

Check out all the wonderful solutions for this challenge.

Challenge #255 -
Ghosts of Tangles Past


I didn't get my piece posted for last week's Diva Challenge #255, so here it is.

When I was first exposed to the Zentangle process in 2010, I became obsessed. Everywhere I went I carried my drawing pad and created a new Zentangle piece several times a week. I scanned in one of my first pieces 8/2/2010. I had titled this piece "Thru the Garden" and tried to incorporate all the things I would experience in a garden. I tended to fill every nook and cranny and began each piece with a familiar object or place to inspire me. 

I was using a Kohinoor Rapidograph pen for most of my work. I was fascinated with line quality, textures and the detail tangling brought to my creative process. No shading.

For my redo, I retained the original string. I scanned in the original piece in and looked over all the elements and chose the ones I was going to keep. My work is now more open the tangles and textures more defined, shading is a Major part of my work

I had written a poem for this piece but I couldn't find the Toad until I looked at the scanned image on screen:
Through the garden,
Walking tall,
I see a Toad,
He's following me,
The Koi in the pond,
Greet me. 
 


.


Through the Garden 2016 - outline,
without much shading or contrast

6 comments:

  1. beautiful duo tangle, it is so well-balanced, such an artistic composition. Just like the recreated work from 2010, it is also fantastic. I love the idea "through the garden"! Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the combination Artoo/Bookee is a success in that Zendalatile, I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your challenge tile. Such a wonderful take on this challenge and so happy too! It does look like spring. I may have to borrow your idea and try something along this line if you don't mind. Your "thru the garden" piece is amazing. The original tile shows a great versatility with your tangles, but the second definitely shows how far your process has come by scaling back on your tangles and shading. They are both lovely. Just by the way though, I can't find the toad. I'll have to try again later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful duotangle! Especially I like your variation of Boo*Kee!
    Also I love your "Through the garden". The recreated piece looks very elegant. Great development!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of them are very beautiful, but your Diva tile is awesome. I love iT.

    ReplyDelete

  6. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyên dịch vụ vận chuyển hàng đi mỹ cũng như dịch vụ ship hàng mỹ từ dịch vụ nhận mua hộ hàng mỹ từ trang ebay vn cùng với dịch vụ mua hàng amazon về VN uy tín, giá rẻ.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to get your feedback.