Christmas Fun Continued...

I had some scraps left over torn scraps of muslin and decided to play with some Inktense pencils on cloth. I created this owl ornament for a friend who has just moved back to Michigan. This owl was inspired by

Painted owl
Owl created on muslin scraps using micron pens and Inktense pencils for color.
I then brushed on water to liquify the pencil colors. When completed the piece
was ironed to set color.


This is the image from the back, I love the mysterious watercolor look
on the reverse side.

 
I then laid down some strips of color, and roughly tore "feathers" for the crest.


Completed owl, partially sewn. I enhanced the piece by adding touches of white and more texture
and pattern. I topped the piece with the frayed muslin plumage crown. I will stuff it and add a message on the back with a rustic wire loop on the back for hanging.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to get your feedback.