Challenge Week #11: Monotangle

Laura Harms' weekly challenge for week #11, invites us to use only one tangle for our tile, a Monotangle. Fun challenge which allows me to take one simple tangle of leaves and stretch it, morph it, resize it and create a full tile. I'm not sure if my tangle is official... It's not Artoo it's just a stem of leaves done in a variety of shapes and sizes. I love leaves and hopefully it will be a harbenger of spring - one can only hope!

I think this will be fun to do several variations (no more than 4, I promise!)

My tile scan shows my pencil lines (dots, outline, and part of the string). When I first began my Zentangle journey I made sure to erase any lines from the final that were not meant to be there as shadows, etc. My feeling now is that I enjoy seeing the process in the tangle, the roots, so to speak.

I definitely erase all the process pencil lines if I'm giving my tangle to a friend but especially within the DIVA challenge I find it an enjoyable addition. This was created by hand and I'm showing it. Just my thoughts for the moment, they may change tomorrow, but I'm steadfast today... or for the moment! Deep huh?

I find Paradox a bit challenginging, I'm much more comfortable with free-form curvey tangles, so what the heck, take on the challenge of  week 11 - monotangle. Took a while... did a bit of deconstruction and stretching but I do like the end result. It has a graphic landscape quality that I find satisfying. I guess the idea of the challenge is to stretch ourselves!

9 comments:

  1. A leaf never looked so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your processing Danni, beaut tile too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tile, with a hope for spring! Don't fret about the pencil lines, they are part of it. I never erase mine. They just add to the process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job on this. I love your interpretation of the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice work on your vision of this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just did a tangle yesterday where I didn't "Erase" but I scrubbed the lines out as much as I could. I wanted it to be open and free. I love yours with the lines. So light (I should work on that!)that I hardly saw them. The leaves are wonderful--remember, it is the interpretation of "mono"tangle that counts.

    And don't hold your breath for melting snow here in MI yet. I doubt my mailbox mountain will not evaporate until May...maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great, Danni! I'm really sorry that I didn't get the opportunity to meet you in Whitinsville. It's a really pretty little town and going in May I hope you have only the most delightful of weather! Perhaps we'll meet another time...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great.

    Question: Does a tangle have to be official to use it in a zentangle? I just use things that come into my mind.... I only just got to know zentanling.

    Ilse at
    http://teachermotherandwife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy these are pretty! You've obviously been doing this for awhile...so professional! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I'd love to get your feedback.